Android - Resizing images opened by photo picker

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Mar 21 17:08:06 EDT 2013

Hello all,

The mobilePickPhoto command lets you choose a photo either from the device's photo gallery library or take a photo with the camera. In iOS mobilePickPhoto has two optional parameters that let you limit the maximum width and size of the chosen image, but that isn't implemented on Android. I've been trying to find a way to do a similar thing on Android. I tried resizing the last image object after picking the photo, but the chosen image always ends up filling up the entire screen, and then some.

Has anyone found a way to set the size of a photo opened in Android when using mobilePickPhoto?

Regards,

Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities