Xcode 4.6.1

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at icloud.com
Thu Mar 21 10:19:02 EDT 2013

Chip,

Here's a trick that may work for you. It has worked for me and for others on this list. It does require some manual copying of folders from one application bundle to another.

The easy instructions:

Copy the earlier iOS SDK versions from older versions of Xcode to Xcode 4.6.x.

More detailed instructions:

First, navigate to /Applications/Xcode 4.6/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs, or wherever you have Xcode 4.6 installed. You'll need to right/ctrl click on the Xcode bundle and choose "Show Contents" in order to do so. This is where the SDKs are stored. Most likely you have 6.1 in there, but you can copy in older versions of it.
Next, navigate to the same place in the Xcode 4.5.x bundle. You will probably see version 6.0, maybe 5.1. I don't recall exactly. Whatever you have there, copy them/it into the Xcode 4.6 bundle. You can even go grab Xcode 4.4 from Apple's Dev Center if you need access to iOS 5.0 SDK. If not, don't bother.
Once you've copied in all the SDKs you want, simply launch Xcode, go into the mobile prefs, and point LC to the Xcode 4.6 bundle. It should find all the SDKs you've copied in. If not, something went wrong and you should double check to make sure everything's in the right place.

Hopefully that'll help you. I currently have SDKs for iOS 5.1, 6.0, and 6.1. LiveCode sees them all and I can support devices (both simulated and physical) running iOS 5.0 and above.

Good luck.

Chris

--
Chris Sheffield