Livecode iOS Externals and XCode 4.6

charles at techstrategies.com.au charles at techstrategies.com.au
Wed Mar 20 21:16:57 EDT 2013

I am trying to build and test a simple iOS external using the Livecode
iOS Externals "LiveCodeSDK-R14" following the instructions at
http://www.runrev.com/developers/documentation/externals-sdk/.

My mac is running 10.8 with LiveCode 5.5.4 and XCode 4.6 with iOS SDKs
for 5.1, 6.0 and 6.1.

No matter which version of the iOS SDK I select in the build settings
for the XCode project, when I try and build the external using the
'test' environment (to use the iOS simulator) I get the following
message:

"The selected destination does not support the architecture for which
the selected software is built.  Switch to a destination that supports
that architecture in order to run the selected software"

If I try to build the external by itself, it appears to be successful,
however when I then try to build the standalone app from inside
LiveCode, I get the following message when it tries to link in the
binary:

"linking for armv7 failed with arm-apple-darwin10-llvm-g++-4.2:
/private/var/folders/hj/j7f88c7x2fl2w9c6ws8hc8y80000gn/T/TemporaryItems/tmp/tmp.1209.7dCnDc6A:
No such file or directory"

Has anyone got the iOS externals SDK working with XCode 4.6 and
LiveCode 5.5.4?