LC Android Apps

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Mar 20 18:02:27 EDT 2013

On 3/20/13 3:57 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:

> So - does anyone else have any Android apps developed in LC ?
> Or are we so fettered by lack of externals (and so by lack of Monte's
> help :-) that it is hard to develop a shippable Android app ?

Casey's Solitaire was released for iOS and Android both, simultaneously.
There were some issues on Android with acceleratedRendering in versions
of the OS earlier than 2.3. Other than that it worked fine. It doesn't
use any externals.

Google Play:
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hyperactivesw.casey>

Amazon:
<http://www.amazon.com/HyperActive-Software-Caseys-Solitaire/dp/B007F1S2CK>

App Store:
<http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/caseys-solitaire/id508152477?mt=8>

Casey's was done mostly as an experiment to learn about mobile apps, but
it is still selling in bits and drabs, here and there, off and on.

> I'd also welcome any comments on what you can / can't do on Android,
> what the Android marketplace is like compared to IOS, Kindle Fire vs
> general Android, etc.

I'm not working with mobile much right now, but except for externals I
think RR is doing a pretty good job keeping parity. There are a few
things missing that I can't recall offhand (probably because I don't use
them.)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com