Sending mouseUp

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Wed Mar 20 16:49:01 EDT 2013

All:

So here is another test. Make a brand new stack. Put this into the stack script:

on mouseUp
   dispatch "mouseUp" to this card
   answer it
end mouseUp

If you start with a new session, opening the test stack from the finder, you will get an error:

Type	Handler: can't find handler
Object	Untitled 2
Line	send "mouseUp" to this card
Hint	mouseUp

There is no such card (yet); the card just does not exist. However, also in a new session, if you open another stack, and then open the test stack from the finder, all is well.  So "preOpenCard" is invoked REALLY early, but it seems to matter when and how it is invoked as well.

Craig