Sending mouseUp

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Wed Mar 20 15:28:33 EDT 2013

Hi Scott,
That's my confusion too.  I have several places where I adjust the
content/appearance of controls on the card and that all works fine, only
sending a message to a control seems to cause a problem.

It seems like the stack is in some partial state of initialization during
preOpenCard where it's OK to do some things with controls but not others.
 Adding to the confusion was the fact that "it" contained "handled" after I
changed the send to a dispatch command but the mouseUp logic still wasn't
executed;  I would have at least expected it to be "not handled".

Bottom line for me is that if it's not OK to send mouseUp to a button
during preOpenCard, that's fine as long as an error is flagged when you do
it.  Maybe this fits into Monte's thread of changing the way error handling
works in LC.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>