Setting button hilite in a script

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Tue Mar 12 01:24:32 EDT 2013

I've got this working somehow...

Pete: "Sounds like the autohilite property of the button is off."
Autohilite was on.

Devin: "This first thing I do in cases like this is check to see whether I have inadvertently created two buttons with the same name. Only the button with the lower layer will be affected."

Checked for that.

Stephen: "try using a full path to the object...if the calling script isn't in the right place in the message path, it may
never 'see' the object."

This got me closer. It apparently had to do with the visible of the stack being false (and maybe a lock screen as well). I set the visible to true and then it responded--even though before I could actually see the card ignoring my script.

It seems that invisible stacks don't respond very well (???) I don't think the lock screen was throwing me off. But, I may be wrong...

Peter Bogdanoff
UCLA