StackOverflow

Michael Hatch hatchfactory at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 14:25:38 EST 2013

I for one applaud Montes efforts in increasing the web presence of
Livecode. :-)

   I believe it is of upmost importance that programmers of other languages
see that Livecode is serious business and a viable tool and option.
Increasing the popularity, image and the amount of users is in all
Livecoders best interests.

   If you Livecode for work it increases the security of your personal
investment. If your a hobbyist, then more users = better livecode, more
documentation, more community examples, demand for better features etc.
etc. Apple's Hypercard was a great tool with incredible potential. Towards
the end of it's life Apple couldn't communicate the vision "everyone can
and should program (not just for an elitist group of buddies)" or maybe
they had their sights set elsewhere.

    It seems that RunRev has the right idea currently and the source going
open is "opening" :-) the flood gates to many new users - who - will need
help from experienced mentors, tutorials and examples. Experienced users
should be active answering in the forum, and it is a great place to find
answers. StackOverflow isn't a replacement for the official forum but SO
viewers or Google searchers will see replies and say "Oh, I didn't know
Livecode could do that."