docs.runrev.com (and structured docs, and BvG docu)

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Thu Mar 7 15:25:58 EST 2013

> Hi Björnke!
>
> Thanks for responding.  Consider my horses held.
>
> When I tried BvG Docu on a current version of LiveCode, attempting to generate produced an error "sorry, I couldn't find the '/packaged_xml/dictionary/clumps.index' file.  And indeed, it appears that this file doesn't exist in recent app bundles.
>
> I then walked back through old version of LiveCode until I found one which did have that file - but when I pointed it at that and said go, nothing happened.  I'm afraid I didn't investigate further (I did try it several times).
>
> Ben

Ah I see. I guess you are using the deprecated version 1 of BvG Docu, not 2?

See my site for the current version: http://bjoernke.com/bvgdocu/

The 1.x versions can't work with LC versions newer then 4.5. The current 2.x versions also have full search capabilities and store the documentation as a sqlite database, which makes it a lot easier to use with your own code, compared to the older "million files" approach.

--

Use an alternative Dictionary viewer:
http://bjoernke.com/bvgdocu/

Chat with other RunRev developers: