Keys of a custom property array

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Mar 4 00:01:05 EST 2013

Monte-

Sunday, March 3, 2013, 8:47:42 PM, you wrote:

> On 04/03/2013, at 2:36 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

>> > It's documented as a keyword not a function.
>>
>> "Keyword" is the "Miscellaneous" of programming languages, the
>> box things wind up in when they don't fit into a language's
>> equivalent of The Seven Parts of Speech. ;)

> Isn't it an adjective qualifying the string as a url...

Hmmm... no.

If we're not going to treat "url" as a function, then in the statement

put url "file:xyz"

url is a container, as in

"put the contents of the url whose reference is file:xyz"

and in that case, "file:xyz" is the qualifier of "url".
But even as a container the BNF syntax is wrong. It makes much more
sense to ignore the misleading documentation and think of it as a
function.

put url("file:xyz")

--
-Mark Wieder