Kill quit process

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Sun Mar 3 15:04:38 EST 2013

I am trying to quit another application that I launched from LC when my standalone quits. Kill seems acceptable since the other app has no clean up etc. -- I'm even thinking with extreme prejudice might be appropriate for this app. I have both a Mac and Windows versions of the other app: MyApp.app & MyApp.exe

Two questions come to mind:
Will:  kill 9 process "MyApp.app" which should work on the Mac also work on windows if I change it to: kill 9 process "MyApp.exe"

What does this command do?: kill QUIT process it
Is it like: kill QUIT process "MyApp.app" or kill QUIT process "MyApp.exe"

I think the QUIT is a unix signalName and as such is ignored on Mac OS so should I just use: kill process "MyApp.app"

Thanks

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
mcgrath3 at mac.com