[OT] "MacMini" 7-8 years later

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 13:52:19 EST 2013

On 03/03/2013 08:39 PM, Roger Eller wrote:
> I had a super-crazy idea once. It remains untested, but imagine a user who
> uses 90% Windows software, and 10% Mac software. If that user has a REAL
> made by Apple Mac, why not install Windows as the primary OS, and confine
> OS X to the relm of virtualization?

I know at least one person who has a MacBook Pro on which they only have
Windows 7;

why, forbye? because they are both a poser and a sheep:

they can pose that they have a Mac, but they want to conform to peer
pressure and run Windows.

Needless to say, this is a 17 bubble-brain rather than anyone very
interested in programming.

> Why? Because Apple says no, as it would
> reduce the performance of their OS, and ruin that 'oh so special'
> experience.

I have what once was a G4 Mac that went 'pop'; so I hollowed the thing
out and fitted 8 old PATA
hard disks ranging in size from 80 GB to 750 GB salvaged from 'broken'
computers that were either
given to me or found next to rubbish bins (always carry a screwdriver in
your pocket) linked via
ATA-to-USB cables to a USB hub that I can plug into whatever computer I
happen to be using at the time.

That date-box is 'oh so special', but probably violates all sorts of
EULAs as to what I can do with the
box and power supply of a popped Mac.