Two Windows

David Epstein dfepstein at comcast.net
Sun Mar 3 08:42:13 EST 2013

I think Tim Miller is right to think that opening two copies of
LiveCode will not help him edit the same stack in two windows, as
each will not know about the changes in the other until saved to disk
and reopened, and two very different versions are likely to result--
unless all changes are immediately saved and the other window's stack
is reopened.

I would suggest rather creating a second stack (perhaps a substack)
used as a secondary window, to which the content of individual cards
could be copied as needed.  Write their changes back to the main
stack before you "navigate" to another card in the secondary window
by copying new content there.  You'll need to either prevent or
handle the special case where one card is open in both windows at
once (you can handle it by, e.g., using a closeField handler or a
keyDown handler in stack 1 to change the content of field 1 of stack
2 whenever field 1 of stack 1 is edited).

David Epstein