about resolution independence...

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Fri Mar 1 16:34:09 EST 2013

Still, for my non-utility situations, I'm aspect ratio independent in Flash. At least in the range of ratios I want to support (e.g., 4:3 through to 16:9). Supporting portrait and landscape is a layout issue rather than a resolution issue. That is, you're unlikely to have a single layout that can work for everything from 16:9 through to 9:16.