Weekend challenge

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jun 30 20:27:48 EDT 2013

On 6/30/13 7:04 PM, Michael Kann wrote:
> J,
>
> I tried to reply but the moderator says too many characters. Anyway,
> here's my question: According to rule 5 everything is grouped. Does
> that mean everything is also alphabetized.

Nope, nothing is alphabetized, not even the ID blocks (my fake data set
just happens to be, sorry.) Lines are in a fixed pattern so can't be
rearranged, the original order must be maintained. In fact, one main
reason for the verification test is to determine if there are out of
order entries. I.e., ensure that line 5 hasn't been inadvertently moved
under line 148. Or that line 3 hasn't been swapped with line 4, which
puts the sections out of order. Same for subsections, they must follow
each other in the order listed.

So you're looking for sequencing anomalies, typos and duplicates.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com