BETA RELEASE: LiveCode 6.1.0 Release Candidate 2

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sat Jun 29 19:20:42 EDT 2013

On 30/06/2013, at 9:07 AM, "Dr. Hawkins" <dochawk at gmail.com> wrote:

>> It could be that commercial server is not yet integrated into the automated build process...
>> could be a lower priority because 99.99% of server use cases will be covered by community...
>
> If I have to re-write in php (or whatever) to make a web version (open
> source of the product is just plain not an option, for reason I've
> discussed in the past), it's not much of a step to flat-out compile in
> another language while I'm at it for the desktop.
>
> The server version being "second class"  will be a deal-stopper for
> commercial use . . .

http://www.php.net/license/3_01.txt

Not sure what the license is for (whatever) but PHP is FOSS...

BTW I didn't say they weren't going to do a commercial version of the server... just that it might reasonably be seen as a low priority. LiveCode hasn't got a massive user base... the percentage of users using server is small... the percentage that really need commercial server would be only a handful. The percentage of those that can't continue to use the last available commercial version given there's really no features added? are there any?

Cheer

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!