Really large groups

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 16:04:21 EDT 2013

I agree that it seems challenging, but I think if it's done right it could
be fairly transparent and robust.

I wrote some code to display the number of factors of each number from
1..N. It uses a graphic and draws a single-pixel-width vertical bar for
each number. It creates a new graphic for each hundred numbers (they start
to become unwieldy when you try to set more than a thousand points or so).

All of that works, but if I'm trying to do 1..50,000, or even 1.. a few
million. That makes the group with the set of graphics I'm creating up to
millions of pixels wide. Insane, I know, but the recent progress on the
twin prime conjecture has me excited and curious.