BETA RELEASE: LiveCode 6.1.0 Release Candidate 2

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Thu Jun 27 19:07:04 EDT 2013

There isn't much more functionality the server needs except some of the image
manipulation commands that would make sense, including ones that use the
templateGraphic and the templateImage. I'd be cool to not have to depend on
slow shell calls to imageMagik for the basic image conversion we can do on
land.   Imagine a stack that can read all the files surrounding it to
display a photo gallery in a web page, complete with all links and
thumbnails, all created in Livecode.  Are graphics commands too bulky for
the cgi model?

Has the graphic section of the Livecode server been shut down because it
didn't make sense?
Or because there was a  technical reason why this couldn't be enabled to at
least allow the use of the templates for processing?

I've made this work now using imageMagik, but the thumbnail process is slow
and clunky.

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Monte Goulding <monte at sweattechnologies.com