Communicate with server using PUT

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu Jun 27 08:20:45 EDT 2013

On 27/06/2013 06:06, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> If we ever get the authentication worked out, I'm still not sure how to do a
> PUT. I'll try putting the data back into the variable and send that.

Hi Jacque,

Are you able to watch your network traffic, eg using WireShark?  I've often
found this was the quickest way to figure out what was going wrong with a
network issue with LiveCode - especially if I have the benefit of an
alternative that worked, so I can see exactly what is sent in a request that
works, and what's been sent by LiveCode that doesn't work?

FWIW, this is what LiveCode (or rather, LibURL) sends across the network for
the following LiveCode commands

> put URL "http://www.google.com/test/?x=123" into x

GET /test/?x=123 HTTP/1.1
Host: www.google.com

> post 123 to URL "http://www.google.com/test/"

POST /test/ HTTP/1.1
Host: www.google.com

123

> put 123 into URL "http://www.google.com/test/"

PUT /test/ HTTP/1.1
Host: www.google.com

123

... but really the interesting question is what the request (and response)
look like when your server person does it from Rails.

Ben