Fonts look awful in standalones built in v5.5+ -vs- v4.0

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jun 24 22:07:03 EDT 2013

On 6/24/13 3:43 PM, Roger Eller wrote:
> In an attempt to bring my stacks out of the dark ages of Revolution 4.0, I
> am moving forward, but text is becoming extremely bitmapped in appearance.
>   I have tried LiveCode 5.5.4, 5.5.5, and 6.0.2, all with the same results.
>   In all cases, the stacks look fine in the IDE, but as a standalone they
> get ugly.  Why?
>
> For the sake of providing the details, I am running Windows 7 in Fusion
> 5.02 on OS 10.8.3.  I am using the stack runner approach, where the
> standalone is the executable (with everything checked for inclusion).  The
> fonts are the defaults from the IDE.  I drag a field to a stack and name
> it, that's all.  So why are they changing?

The symptoms sound like a missing font. The default IDE font is the OS
system font which is likely not available on mobile. Theoretically if
you have never set a font, the system font of the OS should be used, but
the IDE may be setting the font on the stack or on some of the fields.

Before saving the standalone, you could run a script that sets the font
of the stack and card to empty, and if that doesn't work, setting the
font of the field and other objects to empty too.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com