Monte's changing things again

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sun Jun 23 20:17:51 EDT 2013

On 24/06/2013, at 10:01 AM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Although one *could* look at this scenario as simply trying to set the filename of the image, but in this case, the filename happens to be empty.  If you couldn't set the filename of any image, what would you suggest? Having 2 types of images?  Or disallow the filename property for imported images? That doesn't seem so great either.

Basically I think it should behave the same as color and pattern.

Create a button
give it a backPattern
set it's backColor to empty
It keeps it's backPattern
set it's backColor to black
The backPattern is now empty and the backColor is now black

So the same for filename... setting an imported image's filename should continue to work if you are setting it to a non-empty value. If you are setting it to empty it shouldn't do anything because the property is already empty... So if you want to clear an imported image you set the text to empty... if you want to clear a referenced image then you set the filename to empty...

That's my thoughts anyway, I could work around this just in the properties array setprop but I think the inconsistency between how color/pattern behaves and filename/text behaves should be addressed.

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services