6.1 dp2 out now

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Jun 23 15:53:50 EDT 2013

Richmond-

Sunday, June 23, 2013, 12:26:43 PM, you wrote:

> That is still "not very good" that the thing wouldn't play ball from
> another disk.
> That should be pointed out to Linux users.

Well, one of the problems with expanding the audience of the dp
releases is that people will install them. And then expect that they
"just work". The dp stands for "developer preview". There may be
experimental adjustments, there may be attempted bugfixes, there may
be new features which may or may not work... the dp releases aren't
supposed to be drop-in replacements for released versions or for
developing production code. They're more in the line of "here's the
latest stuff from the lab, let us know what breaks so that we can fix
it" builds.

...and yes, the linux installer needs a lot of work.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net