Running LiveCode on Google Chrome Books

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 12:40:50 EDT 2013

On 06/23/2013 05:39 PM, Mike Kerner wrote:
> You can't.  Chromebooks are running Chromium, which is just enough OS to
> get you into a browser (and a very minimal file system).

I have just fired up Chromium in VMware player and can see that it is
not really
what I would call an operating system at all:

1. All it seems to consist of in a web-browser and access to a Google
storage space
somewhere in "the cloud".

2. Because of this there is no 'Home' directory and nowhere to install LC 6.

This is worse than those horrible internet kiosk things they have in
airports; I really
cannot quite see what the advantage of this would be over a conventional OS.

Oh, well, wasted 30 minutes of my Sunday: going outside to shout Оставка and
Червени боклуци in the streets in the wild hope that the BBC and CNN
might actually
notice that there has already been 10 days of significant political
protests in Bulgaria:
the fact that they haven't mentioned them is odd - well, not in the case
of the BBC,
which as the mouthpiece of British Government policy will keep quiet as
it is in the
interests of the GB government to have a bent government in the Balkans
to criticise
so GB citizens don't (as if they ever do) look to closely at the bent
system in place there.

Richmond.