MouseColor

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jun 20 17:12:09 EDT 2013

On 6/20/13 3:48 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 6/20/13 1:05 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:
>> I must be missing something obvious ....
>>
>> I created a graphic rectangle, and set its backColor to some color (and
>> made it visible and opaque).
>>
>> I expected that I could then click in it, and get back that same color
>> in "the mouseColor" - but I don't.
>>

>> Here's the script, and the result ...
>> on mouseup
>>     put the mousecolor && the backColor of me
>> end mouseup
>>
>> 69,235,110 85,235,90
>>
>> Is there some other setting I need to set or check ?
>>     blend level is 0, ink is srcCopy
>
> Any graphic effects applied? I usually only see a difference if there's
> some antialiasing and the mouse isn't directly over part of the flat
> colored area.

BTW, I just tried it on a test graphic and it works as expected here.
There's an "antialiasing" property you can set in the inspector, which
is true by default, but even with that turned on it still gave the same
values for both the mousecolor and backcolor.

It sure sounds like the mouse is picking up a shadow or blend somewhere.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com