How to protect objects within a group?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jun 20 16:31:35 EDT 2013

On 6/20/13 2:08 PM, Graham Samuel wrote:
> What disturbs
> me is that this doesn't correspond to what the IDE does, where
> individual objects in a group can be rendered non-selectable by
> setting selectGroupedControls. Although this property exists outside
> the IDE, it doesn't seem to do the same thing as it does within it.

The property only applies to mouse selections, not to objects selected
by script. It should work the same way outside the IDE.

If you will always have only that single group that you don't want to
disturb, you can do something like this:

   if "myGroupName" is in the name of control x then next repeat

and make sure the short name of the group is always unique. That's not
much different than checking the owner though:

   if "card" is in the name of the owner of control x then deleteTheThing

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com