How to use urlProgress

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Jun 20 14:08:17 EDT 2013

Hi folks,

Maybe I'm missing something. I want to get progress information from a rather large download from an HTTP server. This is what I'm doing:

command downloadFile
    set the cursor to watch
    put "http://server.com/data/myfile.gz" into tRemote_GZ
    put "/path/to/file/pwr_complete.gz" into tLocal_GZ
    put url tRemote_GZ into url ("binfile:" & tLocal_GZ)
end downloadFile

on urlProgress pURL, pStatus, pMessage, pBytesTotal
    put "Downloading " & pURL & cr & "Status: " & pStatus &&  pMessage &&  "of TotalBytes: " & pBytesTotal \
          into fld "prog"
end urlProgress

Nothing ever shows up in field "prog", but the download eventually succeeds. I can see the file on my hard drive after it has downloaded.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm on OS X 10.7.x and LC 6.0.2.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University