a *fast* check for whether another machine is on the local network?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 19:19:53 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Daryl Williams
<daryl at synergetic-data.com> wrote:
> It sounds like what you are really looking for is a local gateway to get to
> the Internet, and to where ever the time entries are made?

No; actually the opposite.

If I have a connection, presumably by vpn (this is for postgres), I
want to use it.  If there is no connection to the server, I want to
put things into a local sqlite database, and use that to update the
postgres base later.  I'm looking for a quick way to achieve this,
rather than something with a lengthy timeout

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462