6.1

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jun 12 21:32:45 EDT 2013

Peter Haworth wrote:
> Not returning them simply because they are not set is a step backwards.  If
> there is a need for that, then let's have another form of "the properties"
> that indicates that, perhaps, "the working properties" or "the effective
> properties".

I like where you're going with that.  It may also be helpful to be able
to get a list of just the names, without the values, for a given object,
similar to "the propertyNames" but limited to those relevant to the
specified object:

   get the propertyNames [of <obj>]

Whenever I'm teaching someone new to the language, one of the first
questions that comes up is "What properties are available for each object?"

Extending the propertyNames function this way helps, allowing us to make
learning tools easily as well as inspectors and more.

In conjunction with Peter's proposal above to also return prop values,
we'd have a pretty complete set of stuff that way.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems