6.1

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Wed Jun 12 21:21:16 EDT 2013

I wrote a script which I ran in 6.1 that got the keys of the properties of
the objects I mentioned then stored them in custom properties.  Then I I
loaded the stack in 5.5, got the keys of the properties again and stored
them in a different set of custom properties.  Finally, compared the two
sets of cprops to get the differences.

While not returning properties that aren't set may satisfy your needs, it
certainly doesn't fill my requirements.  It's always been impossible to get
a full list of properties simply because some of them, and I don't mean
derived ones, were omitted from the list for reasons, I assume, of
oversight.  So now those, or at least some of them have been included, but
a whole bunch of others are not returned if they are not set.  Can you
perhaps see that plays havoc with any scripts that currently expect them to
be returned, set or not?

Not returning them simply because they are not set is a step backwards.  If
there is a need for that, then let's have another form of "the properties"
that indicates that, perhaps, "the working properties" or "the effective
properties".

Off to the QCC to file a bug report.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>