Works in IDE, doesn't work in standalone (revisited)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jun 11 11:15:54 EDT 2013

Graham Samuel wrote:

 > ...also choosing the pointer tool (which works) does not then allow
 > selection of graphics on the card even though they can be selected
 > via script. I believe I have no cantSelect or cantModify properties
 > set to true (though that may be the answer in the end, since the
 > inability to select looks very much as if one of these props is
 > true).

It does indeed.  If you've also double-checked the stack mode as Jan
suggested, I would thoroughly review relevant objects for the cantSelect
property.

When checking stack mode, be sure to check not only the command used to
open the stacks ("modeless", "toplevel", etc.), but also check the
stack's "style" property.  When used with simply "go" or "open", the
style property governs the window's mode, and depending on how the stack
is opened in the IDE, the IDE may be toplevelling a stack that actually
has a different mode.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World