[OT] What's happening here in Turkey...

As_Simon simon at asato-media.com
Tue Jun 11 03:05:51 EDT 2013

Hi Ender,
How was the weekend?

I don't know if they can delete this thread for getting dangerously close to
political ravings.  I hope you have another method to communicate to us/me
if it does.

I have to admit the lack of (major) destruction of personal property is
fantastic, with such a large group it's says a lot about what you are doing.
I can't think of another large gathering with the police involved that
didn't have some idiot throwing a rock at a store window... just because.

Being a cynic of the human condition that "bucket brigade" of the removal of
the trash impressed me (posted video).  Again showing the respect of the
participants.

Don't think I didn't notice in the video's what appeared to be the exchange
of money in a transaction, so it's not all free hugs.  Still, if you say
it's not the norm I'm prepared to roll with it.  Also the throwing of rocks
(?) at the police, is that just in the capital or happening at the park as
well.

Keep writing,
Simon