working with unicodeFormattedText

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Jun 10 19:09:27 EDT 2013

You don't have to think UTF-16, maybe the "why" is distracting.  Those lines I gave you should work.

Again...
To put a UTF-8 string into the field...
 set the unicodeText of field "unicodeText" to uniEncode(UTF8String,"UTF8")

To get a UTF-8 string from the field...
 put uniDecode(  the unicodeText of field "Unicode Text", "UTF8"  ) into UTF8String

Or, the last one encapsulated in a function...
function utf8FromField s
   return uniDecode( the unicodeText of field s, "UTF8" )
end utf8FromField

Dar