working with unicodeFormattedText

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Jun 10 15:37:38 EDT 2013

That sequence is not really invalid UTF-8.  NUL-SPACE is valid in a strict sense, just unlikely.  However, it does look very much like UTF-16BE.

You need to convert this to UTF-8 using uniDecode().  The property unicodeFormattedText will give you UTF-16 in native ordering.

(And unicodeFormattedText will insert extra line-ends.  If you don't want that, use unicodeText.)

Dar