Polygon's share of its rectangle inconsistent?

David Epstein dfepstein at comcast.net
Sun Jun 9 20:55:23 EDT 2013

Although within(<point>,<object>) returns a significant number of
false positives when a polygon is tested, I find that it gives much
better results when testing an image.  I imported a snapshot of my
graphic, then ran my "coverage" function on the image rather than the
graphic itself.  ("coverage" reports the number of pixels that are
within the object divided by the number of pixels that are within the
object's rectangle).  For the image, "coverage" remains quite close
to constant when you resize the image, or when you resize the graphic
and then import and test a new snapshot.

David Epstein