I'm a Happy Kickstart Camper . . .

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 14:23:21 EDT 2013

On 06/09/2013 09:13 PM, Peter M. Brigham wrote:
> On Jun 9, 2013, at 1:51 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
>
>> Richmond-
>>
>> Sunday, June 9, 2013, 10:42:29 AM, you wrote:

>>> Probably this one: http://runrev.com/
>> This one, too.  http://www.livecode.com
> The livecode.com site is the real LC home page. RunRev is the company that sells LC, LC web hosting, and Typing Tutor. If you want to guide someone to LC, use http://www.livecode.com, since it gives links to "how it works," "what it does," and "who is it for," as well as the downloads page. Still has that high school girls image, however -- seems designed to sell to the "programming for the rest of us" crowd, not serious developers. If I were doing marketing I'd change that fast.

Frankly that High School girl really gives me the boak. Especially as
she does not look like a girl who is concentrating on getting her head
down to
something serious, but looks as though she is sharing a "social media
moment" with some of her air-headed chums.

I am a lucky person insofar as I run a private language school so can
weed out the "social media moment" girls and boys without lacking for
serious kids, who, if they want to have social media moments are at
least intelligent enough that a classroom is not the right place to have
them.