I'm a Happy Kickstart Camper . . .

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 14:15:09 EDT 2013

On 06/09/2013 08:51 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Richmond-
>
> Sunday, June 9, 2013, 10:42:29 AM, you wrote:
>
>> On 06/09/2013 08:36 PM, Colin Holgate wrote:
>>> Which website?
>> Probably this one: http://runrev.com/
> This one, too.  http://www.livecode.com

"Quickly. Easily. Free."

At least 2 of those words are a bit disingenuous

(quite apart from the idea of dividing a series of adjectives with
full-stops)

I tell you what; after 6 hours with a load of 9, 10 and 11 year olds
over the next 3 weeks
we shall see how many of them agree with 'Quickly' or 'Easily'.

Now were RunRev to describe their product like this:

Livecode is an object-based programming system that allows one to see
what is going on
as one goes along, instead of having to stare blankly at miles of
mind-numbing code.

Livecode is a system that allows people who have fallen foul of
traditional programming languages
to develop software in a visually satisfying way that is both intuitive
and yet complex.

Livecode, while allowing one to develop software far more rapidly than
many traditional
programming languages is still both deep and broad enough to allow
highly complex software
to be developed.

Seems that they need to get over the dumbing-down obsession that seems
to have gripped
Britain (and elsewhere) and stop insulting people's intelligence.

Richmond.