randomly order a list

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Jun 7 18:05:22 EDT 2013

For we mere mortals, I suspect that the social and physical aspects of security dominate and the infinitesimal increase in application speed from using the faster functions might in some mysterious way do more for our security than a better hash.  But, also, being one of the mere mortals, I can't really say anything on the subject.

So, I lean toward what the experts recommend, but md5 and sha1 are good hashes and they are readily available.  They are usually not the weakest link in our security.  Given that, if sha256 is needed, there are several approaches to getting it done in LiveCode.

Dar