I'm a Happy Kickstart Camper . . .

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 12:56:00 EDT 2013

Oh Yes I am, very happy indeed . . .

"Project Update #20: Next Generation LiveCode (Open Source) by RunRev Ltd"

and, Lo and Behold . . .

"The next major version (6.1) will remove the current requirement to
register a LiveCode account with us in order to activate LiveCode
Community."

[ although I am still very curious to know what RunRev's rationale of
having that in the first place was ]

Also lovely to see that we are being kept informed, as this must count
as an understatement:

"It has been a little while since our last update."

I have to start my Summer teaching of Kiddos with LC OSS in about 10
days time as most of the Mummies and Daddies
who want their kiddywinks to do this also want to push off to the
seaside at the start of July:

i.e. they want me to bring my 90 mins once a week for 4 weeks forward by
2 weeks and squeezed into 90 mins twice a week
for 2 weeks . . .

. . . this with 9, 10 and 11 year olds . . . Hmmmm

so will probably be using 6.0.2 on various Debian derivatives, and will
get my wife to translate a note for the parents
as to how they have to do the online Reg. at home for the kiddos on
their Windows boxes (this because I cannot work out
where the licences should go in Windows; especially XP).

I am planning to write up my classes and pop them somewhere convenient
on the internet for anybody who wants
to take a keek.

Richmond.