web wrappers for php, livecode, and remote postgres servers

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 17:50:54 EDT 2013

I suspect I'll understand much more this time around :)

Even for local use, I'm writing wrappers of my own for multiple postgres db
hits/queries that can be grouped.  At the moment, they'll deal with
livecode's inability to pass them correctly, but It also lets me bundle
them for a single remote hit/lagtime.

I suppose it's back to php (given the livecode limitation, livecode server
won't solve the problem, but I think I'd have these same issues).

When I use something like pg_open(), it looks like the user name and
password would go, the db would be logged into, the transaction done, and
then the connection closed--only to open again moments later.  (and for
multiple tranasactions, php could gather the results & send them back as a
single piece.  hmm, I guess if it was on the same server as the pg server,
livecode might, too).

Is there a way while using an https connection to simply keep my open
database open, to streamline the transactions? (keeping in mind that
multiple users from around the country will be hitting the same server,
keeping theirs open?

And is using a web layer really any more secure than a straight ssl
connection?  It would seem to me that the way to go would be to
authenticate a connection for a few hours at a time.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462