import snapshot bug?

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Thu Jun 6 07:40:00 EDT 2013

Hi friends,

I just experienced something that I consider a bug!
LC 6.02 OOS, Mac OS X 10.8.4

When you issue a simple "import snapshot" you get the CROSSHAIR cursor
and can drag a rect that gets snapshotted. At least it used to work like this :-/

I just tested this in a fresh stack with only a button:
on mouseup
  import snapshot
end mouseup

The CROSSHAIR cursor appeard and I dragged a little rect, about 200*200 pixels.

Now to my surprise this happened:
The CROSSHAIR cursor STAYED and I could not do anything on my machine,
no switching to desktop or anything else! VERY SCARY to say the least!

Then I hit the ESCAPE buton (by reflex :-) on my keyboard and everything else worked again
but I found a snapshot of my COMPLETE monitor in my stack, NOT from the rect that I
dragged manually.

Could someone please check this before I bugreport this?
Thanks!

Best

Klaus

Klaus Major