(OT) Software Patents and computer based instruction

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 03:32:05 EDT 2013

On 06/05/2013 02:30 AM, Scott Rossi wrote:
> Related: I have an illustrator friend who's done work for Marvel, Disney,
> and similar large media companies.  When it comes to rights/ownership of
> work (which is always the company), the contracts provided by the media
> companies literally use the word "universe" to describe the extents of
> where their ownership applies.  So unless you have the ability to travel
> to a different universe, your contract always remains in force.

The other day I was having a long-distance phone call with a friend of
mine who lives on a planet
revolving round Alpha Centauri and he pointed out that as they invented
a patenting system about
50,000 years before we did all of our patents were not worth a fig in
terms of the 'universe'.

LOL.

Richmond.