JSON

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Jun 4 19:58:27 EDT 2013

On 05/06/2013, at 9:40 AM, Andrew Kluthe wrote:

> Hmm, I wonder why your back end developer would be looking to use strings
> in the place of integers

Well... they look like numbers in the sample data we have but they might not always be numbers. It's risky just assuming if an element is a number that it should be JSON encoded as a number... LiveCode might not care but the thing on the other end more than likely will break if it doesn't get the right type. mergJSON does this by allowing you to force elements as strings and also to pre-parse the array to ensure things are encoded correctly... things like an empty element might be meant to be an empty JSON object or array.

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services