Is Snapshot Possible with Two Monitors?

Ray Horsley ray at linkit.com
Mon Jun 3 17:03:22 EDT 2013

I'm running into a variety of issues designing a standalone which will import PDF's.  If quicktime isn't installed it seems impossible and even if the user installs it (Windows) it often doesn't work for certain PDF's.

With this in mind I thought I'd let users open their PDF's in whatever program they choose and use Livecode's import snapshot command.  I don't pass a rectangle since I don't know where the image is on screen and unfortunately it seems I can't get the rectangle [the user opens up] returned to me.  I do, however, get an image imported, although on a system with two monitors in extended display mode it seems almost random where the actual snapshot gets taken from.  It's anything but where the user actually dragged.

Does anybody have any suggestions for grabbing a snapshot of the same rectangle the user opens up on the desktop or in another application?

Thanks,

Ray Horsley
LinkIt! Software