Graphic tools - works in IDE, fails in Standalone

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Mon Jun 3 08:28:07 EDT 2013

Hi Al

Thanks very much for your offer - I will look at the stuff later today.

In fact it turns out my problem is quite complex - I had made some mistakes confusing paint (image) tools with vector (graphic) tools - not too hard to do if you just skim-read the LC Dictionary, especially if like me you've never used the paint tools in LC. You can't script

  choose oval tool

and expect to draw a vector oval, whatever you do to the templateGraphic. You have to alter the templateGraphic and then pick the graphic tool.

However even now knowing this and proving to myself it works in a simplified form (I mean in a dedicated experimental stack), I think I'm still having problems in my real app, which I am re-testing; also my mistakes (which resulted in my painting some of my objects instead of drawing them as vectors) should NOT have produced different results within the IDE and outside it, and I have no explanation for that. So the story continues, and your stack may well help me.

Thanks again

Graham