existing Double-opt in subscription solution with livecode-server?

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Mon Jun 3 07:05:44 EDT 2013

Hi Mark,

double opt-in means, the user gets an email after subscribing  to confirm that she/he really wants to subscribe and that no one else just added her/his email address just for fun.
This shall avoid legal actions against the newsletter sender. I do not know if this is only a german problem or maybe EU wide, but sending promotion emails to people w/o their confirmation could cause big legal trouble to the sender.

Here´s a german wikipedia explanation. I could not found an english one.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opt-in

Regards,

Matthias