playing mp4 videos without QT-player?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Jun 3 03:48:56 EDT 2013

Hi,

up to now, I am using .mov videos with the LC player object to play videos
on Win and Mac. More and more often I have customers on windows who have
real pain to get the QT-player installed so that LC accepts it. Up to now I
don't have a recipe for thoses failed installation to get them easily to
run, though I get all of them after two or three de- and reinstalles and
trials and errors to run (yes with admin, no anti virus, etc. etc.). But my
feeling is that those failed cases increase from month to month. There are
even sayings on the net that you can't get QT to run anymore on 64 bit
windows machines, what is not true.

I didn't follow all the details of the kickstarter roadmap for LC, but are
there any plans to replace the QT-player with some more handsome "native"
player or any alternatives for win and mac for one single video format?

Or is there actually already today an alternative for one video format to be
played on both platforms, what I might have missed in the last years?

Thanks for any informations or how to handle

Tiemo