dealing with these *huge* pdf files generated

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 23:38:54 EDT 2013

On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Terry Judd <terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au>wrote:

> Perhaps you could 'replace' all the bitmaps with either graphic or text
> objects when you do your pdf export. If you have lots of checkboxes for
> example you could replace these with a simple x or tick. Any buttons you
> don't really need to show could also go.

Wait a minute . . . shouldn't a checkbox be a postscript drawn object, not
a bitmap?  That would be *easier* in postscript than a bitmap (although
I've never written pdf directly; just postscript.  Is there a shortcut?)

A sane postscript output would put functions into the output, and each box
or checkbox would be a function call with 5 paramaters (2 corners & width);
and similarly for a line.

The pdfwriter code seems to be only a few pages long, but I haven't gotten
my c++ (let alone objective c) back up to speed yet.

BTW, my output is completely devoid of bitmaps (OK, there is a single
repeated bitmap in the cover page pdf; the firm logo).

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462