bundling multiple database queries and getting a result

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 08:43:35 EDT 2013

Just tried it on one of my databases with revdatafrom query.  Did this in
the message box:

put "BEGIN TRANSACTION;" into tSql -- transaction start. Add semicolon.

put cr & "select * from clientinfo where applicantname like 'Garcia%';"
after tSql -- next line, add semicolon

put cr & "select * from reminders where clientid is 5699;" after tSql   --
next line, add semicolon

put cr & "COMMIT" after tSql  -- last line, no semicolon

get revdatafromquery(,,1,tSql)

put it

I've only tested this on sqlite.  No clue if it works with other dbms.

These are 2 completely unrelated queries that appear 1 after the other
consecutively, from 2 different tables

If you need to do joins instead you can use dot notation for your
selections across tables.   "select tablename.fieldname,
tablename2.fieldname where ..."