dealing with these *huge* pdf files generated

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 21:46:27 EDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 5:03 PM, Alejandro Tejada <capellan2000 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Have you tried to generate the PDF
> using Quartam Library?

No; I don't even have the community edition installed.

> I am sure that Jan Schenkel will help you
> to convert one of your documents in a PDF
>

> After you know how to convert the first,
> then the rest of documents will be easy.

But that's the problem:  I don't want to *convert* things--my software
generates rather elaborate output cards, with huge amounts of time having
gone into  placing fields, etc. on output cards.     All I need to do is
output to pdf, which LiveCode already does--it just makes bloated and
inefficient files.

If I wanted to instead generate output Quartum's way, I'd lose the
placement advantages I have from using LiveCode.  And having looked at the
example code, I really think I'd be better writing my own postscript
functions that do exactly what I want (postscript isn't hard to write; it's
really just forth.)

Here's an older sample output pdf:
http://dochawkbk.com/output.cd.jrlien_multiexempt.pdf

It's cleaner now, but this one is on the web already.  I already account
for the height of the boxes on Schedules C&D (the last two pages of the
pdf).

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462