Persistent LC server?

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Wed Jul 31 22:40:06 EDT 2013

So it would be a faceless long-running app, right? Sounds like some
experimentation is needed to see what is possible. Seems like it could
listen to a non-web port and respond to requests there. Do traditional
DB calls go through the web server? If not (and maybe if so) you could
possibly follow their model.

Phil

On 7/31/13 6:18 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> I've been toying with the idea of using one of my VPSes as a cache
> server, with a persistent LC Server instance there able to handle
> queries by returning array values (which is why it needs to be
> persistent).
>
> I can do this will enough with the GUI version of LC via sockets, but
> I'm not sure how to do this with the faceless LC Server.
>
> Have any of you done anything like this?
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World
>  LiveCode training and consulting: http://www.fourthworld.com